Friday, August 28, 2009

A look at how fall is progressing...

Everyday I go out and look, and the tranplants are getting bigger and the little upstart seedlings are getting bigger, and if I look closely I can see that seeds continue to sprout. Suddenly we're having a LOT of rain, so the seeds are coming up all over the place, not necessarily where I put them. I think I may have spotted a few spinach seedlings today....

Here's the lettuce transplants.


Here's some Easter Egg Radish sprouts...


Daikon...


The red chard transplants getting big. I also have a TON of Swiss Chard seedlings coming up. Just a TON. I'm going to be eating and freezing a lot of Chard, which is fine with me.


The broccoli tranplants look nice and healthy and strong. I did notice that one of them had some bites of the leaves yesterday, and I picked a little black catapillar off of it.


I like this shot, because it looks so neat, and orderly, and you can't see all the un-decomposed grass. I want my husband to till next spring's patch now, so that all that grass can have plenty of time to decompose. As it is thought I think I'll have less trouble with weeds this fall than I did this summer...


Now these are either rutabega or Kohlrabi. Only 1 or 2 of each sprouted. I need to sow more seeds. Again, they may have all run off away in the rain...


Here's the biggest turnip plant. It's from the first sowing of seeds. I have a lot of turnip seedlings coming up from the second sowing. I think that all around I put the first sowing of seeds in too early.


Oh, and I had to show you this. Check it out. I am finally getting beautiful, unblemished, orange bell peppers!


A summer harvest basket. I'm still bringing in tomatoes and peppers. Soon I'll have nothing left out there in the summer garden but the sweet potatoes that are still in the ground.











No comments:

Post a Comment