Thursday, August 20, 2009

And as for the fall garden...

Well, I am getting some seedling action, though not as much as I had hoped. It has been SO HOT. I think that this is either turnip or daikon (of course). My first project for the upcoming weekend will be to take my map out there and take stock of what is coming up and what isn't and resow.

Here's my new babies set out. The kale is all the way in the back corner. The yellowish green stuff to the right is lettuce, and the darker green stuff in the same rows near it is cabbage. The little ones with red stalks are chard. And the ones in front are collard greens. I don't seem to have a picture of the broccoli and brussels sprouts handy.


I beleive that this little guy - one of two making an appearance this week in the same bed, is chard. If I'm right, this same seed came up fine last year. But it doesn't look like much is coming up (yet) so I may poke a few more seeds in this weekend.



You know what I really want, and which doesn't seem to have come up at all, is spinach. I love spinach. I want a LOT of it. I want to fill my freezer with it. I may try to resow that, or may wait another week and try again.
Try again!
Try again!



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your fall stuff, you are so lucky to have so much room!

    ReplyDelete