Friday, August 21, 2009

Deck Check

The eggplant is still cranking. I have five or six fruits coming along nicely. I have my eye on that one in front. I'm just WAITING for it to get big enough to eat!

I owe a lot to this eggplant. Not only am I extremely proud of it (I started it from seed!!!!). But it also taught me that all-important lesson (DUH) that I have to feed plants in containers; and hey, maybe if that's the case in containers the ones in the garden would do a little better if I fed them too....

Go figure. More on that tomorrow!



And here's the serrano pepper plant I pulled out of the garden seeming no worse for wear. White spots are going away, peppers are turning red, there are blooms all over it....I hit this with the tomato tone when I brought it up on deck too. Plus, with them both so close by it's really easy to peep out at them every day and give them a drink if they need it, which they frequently do. They've had an almost daily mid-afternoon droop, which has been easily corrected with the aqua.



No comments:

Post a Comment