Sunday, August 9, 2009

I have EGGPLANT!!!!!

Woohoo! Look at the beautiful little babies!!!!!

Things are kind of a strange combination of slowing down/dying back and big production. It feels like things are slowing down, and yet this week I think I brought in my biggest basket ever, probably because the melons take up so doggone much space. I have manure and hummus compost in my car trunk, and some peat moss. I've been working in the fall garden spot and I really want to get some stuff planted this weekend, mostly the root veggies. I want to mix in a little peat moss where I'm going to put these, especially where I'm going to put the carrots. I'm trying to work up the energy to get out there and do this today. I also have beans and squash I need to blanch and freeze...

I got a new book this week from the Mother Earth News catalog: "The Beginner's Guide to Preserving Food at Home". You're probably thinking that I should have had this book at the beginning of the summer and not at the end, and you would be right! But I'll be able to make more improvements for fall. For one thing, this book talks about root cellaring and I'd really like to be able to do that effectively this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment