Sunday, August 9, 2009

Did I say my cucumbers were dead?

Silly me. Obviously I was mistaken. I should have taken a picture of the part of this plant that isn't climbing up the fence and you'd know what I mean. That thing looks DEAD.


This is what I mean about things seeming really weird right now. Everything looks like it's dying, but it's all still pumping out a crop. (Please ignore the overgrown jungle of weeds that this thing has become.....)

I did get out some to start working those fall beds. I worked the manure compost and peat moss into the one long bed down the left of the plot. That's where I'm going to plant all of my root veggies. The large beds to the right will hold broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, chard, kale, lettuce and spinach. That might alter a little based on availability of transplants....


I pulled up some sweet potatoes this afternoon. Lovely!


And here's a few shots of the beautiful pepper-laden plants with all the peppers turning red!


Last but not least, something pretty I saw in the garden today.








1 comment:

  1. Holy moly! Those are gorgeous! I am so ready for sweet potato fries now. Thanks a lot! (j/k) You really are getting the produce this year. Good for you! oh geez. And good for you, too.

    ReplyDelete