Sunday, July 26, 2009

And a few recipes...

Cindy asked about recipes for the veggies I showed a few posts back. They're super simple.

Tomato and Cucumber Salad

Chop tomatoes and cucumbers. Mix with one or two cloves of crushed garlic, thinly sliced onions to taste, and freshly chopped basil. Add light dressing of olive oil and vinegar (balsamic or apple cider). Salt. Mix it all together and let rest (in fridge, or out if you're going to eat it in the next hour or so). Sometimes I also thinly slice mini red bells or jalepenos if I have them.

Green Beans and Yellow Squash

I steam the green beans and cut yellow squash until it's al dente. Spread them on a broiler pan (I use the little broiler pan in the toaster oven). Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, ground red pepper and shredded parmesian cheese. Bake until the parmesian is just beginning to get golden. Then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment