Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sweet Potatoes

The Beauregard Sweet Potatoes arrived this week. Unfortunately, they sat in my mailbox for about 24 hours before I knew that they were here, so hopefully they'll be okay. They were pretty wilted when I pulled them out of the box - though the literature I got with them said that was normal. I was taken aback to see plants and foliage at all; I guess I thought they would be "seed potatoes" like the banana fingerlings. I followed the directions and planted them. A day later a few of them looked perked up. However, we've had almost incessant rain and overcast weather for a week and a half and I don't think we're expecting to see the sun before Monday. I'm worried about everything outside getting all this rain. But it's nature, so I guess it'll all work out....I have a few Serrano peppers coming in now too...

Everything is in the garden now except the cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant and bushbeans...

No comments:

Post a Comment