Sunday, May 3, 2009

Everyone's alive and well....and more surprises!

As you can see, the zucchini (in right of picture) seem to have made it through thier gardener-inflicted trauma! They're not as upright as they were previously (though one has righted itself), but they still seem healthy. All the little cucumber sprouts (in left of picture) are doing great too.


I mentioned in my last post that I found a Black Beauty zucchini sprouting up out of a pot that I had given up hope on a week or so ago, and that I had brought it in and put it under the grow light too. During the course of that first day, after a few hours inside under the light, this happened - another little sprout lifted its head up out of the soil, with soil still clinging to it! I was astonished. It's so big! It was like one moment it's not there and the next moment it was. Amazing. A few hours later, and I had this.... TWO Black Beauty Zucchinis coming up out of that pot. How cool! So for the time being, I'm just letting them all be!
I'm so glad that I decided to throw caution to the wind and just try a few seeds inside. I have learned so much doing it. Still no visible action on the Hansel Eggplant seeds, but I'm not giving up yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment