Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing...

Well, turns out the County didn't spray last night. I called the mosquito control board to find if the scheduled changed. I was told that they didn't spray last night because the "landing count was too low". We are scheduled for dusk next Monday. Lesson learned, call during the day Monday to confirm that we will be sprayed before going through all that trouble. I also spoke to a recent aquaintance this morning who I've met through a local area food program; she has taken the Maryland Master Gardeners Courses through the Department of Agriculture, and she gave me the name and number of someone there that I can call to discuss this issue further. In particular, to find out more details about permethrin such as how long it stays aloft, etc. to make sure that covering the garden is actually going to help. It's hard to see how it wouldn't, but I suspect that both my aquaintance and the woman whose number she gave me know more about these things than I do at this point, so it seems that I have some more research to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment