Thursday, June 11, 2009

Battery is here and I'm back in the photo business

Over the next few posts I'll be playing catch up. First, a few shots of what is munching on my potato plant leaves. I've been pulling these little striped buggers off (immediately below) for a few weeks now. Today is the first time I've seen these little red and black things (second below), who I quite obviously interrupted having lunch! Are either of these a "potato bug"? I need to research what to do about it...


Here's my first eggplant, which is doing great, and has grown REALLY fast. A few days ago this was only the size of the first segment of my thumb. Note the lacy-looking leaves. I haven't been able to catch anyone eating it yet.
And the best news - My first harvest. The first picture is of turnips just pulled last weekend. Below that is what's currently in my bottom produce drawer in the fridge - clockwise from the top, Daikon, red beets and turnips. We've got some eating to do!










No comments:

Post a Comment