Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Seedling Update and Baby Figs

I don't think I posted here that we bought a fig tree back in October and have been keeping it inside. It started out as a stick, then got buds, then leaves, and it looks like now it's starting to make a few little figs!!! How cool!



On the seedling front, I got another batch started today. Longkeeper Winter Storage tomatoes; San Marzano tomatoes, a roma-size variety of tomatoes for canning and sauce; A hot pepper mix that I picked up in the grocery store - it'll be interesting to see what we get! Celeriac, a new crop for me this year. Listada De Gandia eggplant and Black Beauty eggplant; Hybrid pickling cucumber which I grew last year and which did great, as well as Ellen's Family White pickling cucumber. The seeds all came from SESE. I will be ordering another set of heirloom tomatoes from The Tasteful Garden soon too. I LOVED those last year.



Still not sure how I'm going to get the light to go around for all that.

It's chilly with a wintry mix of precipitation today and tomorrow, but after that we'll be sunny and clear and in the fifties from Friday until Tuesday. This is my weekend to get out in the garden, hoe up the weeds, shore up the fence, and start breaking some new ground. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

1 comment: