Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Still getting organized...

Got a few more things done yesterday afternoon. I started putting down some paving stones to make a clear path through part of the garden. Mostly these stones were salvaged from around other parts of our property where they were being used for other things that are no longer needed. It's crooked - but rustic. I think it'll be fine when things are growing in and around it. Now that I have these spaces defined I can really see how much room I will have for some beautiful flowers. There's going to be marigolds, nasturtium and petunias throughout.

By the way, that pile of straw to the left of the birdbath is mulching the garlic I planted in October, which came through just FINE under almost 5 total feet of snow this winter!!!!!


I also poked a few seeds in the ground. I have some planting date information indicating that some things should start going in the ground - carrots, beets, spinach. Because it might be a little premature, I just poked in a few seeds and I'll see what happens. If they sprout I'll poke in a few more. I want to do some succession planting anyway. Starting Wednesday night we're supposed to have some days of rain....

I picked up a few pretty things to put into pots on the deck. This is for my psyche.


No comments:

Post a Comment