Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Turnips, Radishes and Beets...

Well, it looks like I've gotten some action from everything I put in theground on 18 April - except the potatoes. Not sure what's up with them. I have set the six seed potatoes I have left out in a bowl under the aerogarden light to get them to sprout. Then I'll try again with them if I haven't seen anything coming up out of the ground. It's been 10 days, so I suspect that if they were going to do well I would have seen something come up by now. I have stopped short of digging one of them up to see what's going on! One of these pictures is of radish sprouts and one of turnip sprouts, but I can't tell which is which in the pictures. I think the radishes are in the picture on the left. I haven't taken pictures of the red beet sprouts yet. It took me a little longer to realize that they had come up, plus they're a lot smaller right now.

I also put the zucchini and cucumber sprouts under the aerogarden light and they are no longer getting taller. They're starting to put out new leaves in the center of the original two leaves, so I suspect that's a good sign. I think I'll try the eggplant again in the good organic potting soil I have. I really wanted to have some of those miniature hansel eggplants!

No comments:

Post a Comment