Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Status on the beets, radishes, turnips and potatoes...

I’ve gotten out to the garden for a few minutes the past few days to look for any evidence that my seeds out there are coming up. It looks like they are, though not exactly where I put them. We’ve had SO much rain since I put them in on Saturday that they kind of ran off the mounds and are clustered together in places rather than where I actually put them. I didn’t have the camera with me when I was out there today and then it started raining so I don’t have a picture to post yet. But by Friday, when I’ll have the next opportunity to inspect, what has come up ought to be even more obvious.

No sign of anything where the seed potatoes are. It's probably too soon. But I'm also wondering if I should have let them sprout before putting them in the ground. I followed the directions that I got, so I don't know. I did pull the remaining six out of the bag and out of the fridge though to see if they will sprout in the kitchen before trying them in pots (or in the ground if the others don't come up....).

No comments:

Post a Comment