Saturday, April 25, 2009

Successful Sprouts!

Well, it turns out that that thing I thought was a tap root wasn't a tap root at all, but the sprout itself! Some things I thought were seeds sprouting were just weeds from the back yard soil. The final verdict is in - I have had quite successful sproutings of the bush baby zucchinni and the pickling cucumbers! They're unbelievably delicate and beautiful. I'll try again with the eggplant this weekend. Yippee!

I want to say too, to The Tasteful Garden, that I continue to be amazed, daily, at how beautiful and robust the heirloom tomatos and "pick of peppers" plants are. I've been carrying them outside for hours of sun every day, and bringing them in at night, and giving them water if they start to look wilty. I topped off the soil in the pots with good organic potting soil the other day. I look forward to getting them in the ground, but I don't feel impatient about it because I feel like I'm developing a relationship with these plants! I wouldn't want a late frost to kill them. Just last Thursday there was an overnight frost warning for areas not too far from me.

My Carmen pepper plant already has a pepper on it about 3/4 of an inch long! I'll get a picture next chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment