Friday, November 6, 2009

Ah...November!

This is what I woke up to on Tuesday...lovely foggy morning. This is not sarcasm...I really love the fog we get down here.


I've had some good harvests this week. Carrots, spinach, collards, chard, kohrabi, rutabega, and still getting bell peppers.



I'm sorry to say that our great pepper project has failed miserably. None of the pepper plants survived indoors - that is, they're not dead, just going dormant - which means, we're not getting peppers from them anymore. Today I actually BOUGHT some jalepenos for the chili I'm making this weekend. It REALLY bummed me out to have to do that, because if we hadn't messed so much with all of our big, healthy, and heavily producing pepper plants we'd still have tons of them because we haven't had a frost yet. I wish I'd preserved some peppers this summer. I will DEFINITELY do that next year. Looks like I'll end up with three or four heads of cabbage - my first time!


The garlic is coming up!


This colander is the makings for the roasted root veggies I had a few nights ago for dinner, all from the garden! Every single one! Whoo hoo!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment