Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I am pleased to say that I have nothing scary to report - unless you think that miracles are scary! These slender red shoots below are what rye looks like coming up...


And this beautiful green grass is what it looks like when it IS up!





Success! Yeah! I have no idea what the heck I'm going to do when it's time to harvest it, how to do it, etc..... but that's for another day. For today, the rye is up!!!

I'm still harvesting, though I'm not getting out there every day or anywhere near every day.


I haven't lost any more broccoli plants, and it continues to come in nicely, though I'm not sure I'm going to have enough to freeze.

I believe this dude is one of the good guys....though a little far from home...hanging out around our soon to be new construction, and not in the garden doing what he gets paid for...Do you see how he's posing for the camera? I tell you, this little guy looked straight at me when I pointed that camera at him. I'm willing to concede that he wasn't actually posing for the camera, but I'm telling you, he knew that I was there.


And last but not least, a lovely spring color - a bulb on the new fig tree. I did tell you I ordered a fig tree, right? It's inside.



Next time, a pepper update. Not sure what to say about them today, the verdict is still out on whether or not they're going to make it inside. Though the serrano is still putting out peppers. I also have a new eggplant. Maybe I'll actually get to eat this one!













No comments:

Post a Comment