Saturday, November 14, 2009

Checking in...

Well, it has rained almost constantly since I posted last Friday, and I've been out to the garden once, last night, to pull out a small head of romaine for dinner (in the rain). Finally, today, there's nothing coming down out of the sky, so I plan to get outside and check things out.

On the indoor front - all my pepper plants are dormant, and/or have developed aphids - they are so not going to make it through the winter. My eggplant is finally dying too, and no, I never did get to eat an eggplant this year. Sigh. After all of that. Oh well. There's always next year. I'm not sure if I will grow the Hansel again. They were much smaller than I thought they would be, or maybe they shouldn't have been so small, and I could never tell when they were ripe. I'll be working on my plan for next year soon. I've been collecting my thoughts on this.

The fig tree we bought a month or so ago and have indoors is still doing fine. We have a few herbs and an aloe inside the vestibule with a grow light. I'm thinking of trying spinach in there in a shallow pot. We'll see. I've been eating kohlrabi, and rutabega, and lots and lots of broccoli. I know I need to get out there and harvest broccoli today....

No comments:

Post a Comment