Saturday, October 3, 2009

Peppers in Pots

It's been getting a lot cooler at night, though you wouldn't know it today. It's the 3rd of October and it's 82 degrees outside!

I wanted to show you my Serrano pepper, the larger of the two plants to the left. It survived the transplant pretty well and has been steadily putting out peppers ever since. And guess what that is there beside it? My habanero plant! Remember the peaked-looking yellow freebie that I got back at the end of July? Well, it recovered. It bushed out, and greened up, and is covered with little white blossoms and with little green peppers!

Surprisingly enough, the anaheim and carmen are both still alive. The anaheim is still putting out peppers at a decent rate, though they're about half the size they were when it was in the garden. Boy, I really blew it digging those up when I did.. That was really dumb. The carmen plant I swear has been dead but today I noticed it seems to have some new growth on it. So I brought them both inside too, along with the eggplant, which seems to be setting up another fruit. I'm going to see if I can't rig myself up a tiny greenhouse for these things in the vestibule on the south side of the house, where there's a lot of light. Eventually I might have to put a little heater in it, as it doesn't get enough light to keep it that warm. We'll see. I'm hoping that by the time that's too much of a probem that we'll have more house!


















1 comment:

  1. So cool! I am anxious to watch the success of growing peppers like this.

    ReplyDelete