Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fungus gnats?

I think that's what they are. I woke this morning to find that my habenaro pepper plant in the kitchen was just crawling with tiny white insects, and covered with pink specks that must be eggs. A close look at the soil reveals that it was alive with little black gnats. What a mess! I tried to get a picture, but it was all just too small. My husband has been on something of a watering spree the past few days, and I think that he really pushed that habenero over the edge and the fungus gnat population exploded - literally overnight. I wiped off everything that I could, and have been making a trip by the plant every half hour or so and wiping the little white bugs up as they reappear along the rim of the black planter. I think things are getting back under control. But we definitely need to let that soil dry out. I'll be chatting with hubby about that later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment