Monday, September 28, 2009

What's Eating My Broccoli?

If you're asking yourself if you've heard this before - you have. Here's today's culprit. Actually, I probably killed 20 or 30 of them today, of varying sizes. What the heck is this? I've looked through web sites about broccoli pests; I've read descriptions and scanned pictures but can't seem to ID this guy.


I also found this nice little nest of sticky yellow eggs. Lovely. Gone...


Here's my spinach, coming along.


And one of the 4 or 5 kale plants that came up from seed, long after I stopped looking for them...


In other news, I pulled up a turnip, a rutabega, a daikon, and two long lost sweet potatoes that were about the size of my daughter at birth (or something that seems very like that....). I have tons and tons of greens to freeze. Things are really moing along now. I got my garlic yesterday and got that planted out. I ended up planting about 20 different cloves. We'll see how that all goes. I got a tarragon plant and set that out there in some of my empty space, and I also did another sowing of turnip seeds. What the heck. I have the space, I have the seeds, and I'm pretty doggone sure I have the time for them to mature, so I figured I might as well.



1 comment:

  1. Did you ever id the worm on the broccoli? I have the same thing.

    ReplyDelete