Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Developments

I went out this evening to check on things and there were a number of photo-worthy developments. For one thing I was able to get a good shot of one of the many ladybugs I have in the garden this year.


Like last year, I have a lot of peppers setting up already. My experience is that it'll be awhile before these start to turn red.

I have several watermelon that are rapidly approaching the size of my fist!


The nasturtium I planted from seed are blooming.


I have a veritable sea of potatoes. In another week or so I can start pulling some new potatoes from the bed of red caribe. Thier flowers have already come and gone. They are early potatoes indeed.


Amaranth! There is a ton of it. They popped up like weeds. And they look like weeds.


Summer squash, with a lovely curving swan's neck.


One of the eggplants is blooming. Thier leaves look like lace they've been so ravaged by bugs. But they're hanging in there.



Scarlett runner bean blossoms!


And last but not least, winter squash!











No comments:

Post a Comment